9 Sugar Cookies
Judy’s Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies Recipe (this is not mine- it’s Judy’s)
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter (softened at
- room temperature)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (egg should be at room temperature)
- 3 Tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) .
2. Sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
3. Cut in butter and blend with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
4. With a fork, stir in lightly beaten egg, vanilla and half-and-half. Blend well with fork, then your hands to ensure thorough blending. Chill dough for one hour for easier rolling.
****If you are not rolling the dough, chill for 15 minutes then skip to step 6 for baking.
5. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into shapes.
6. Place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle with sugar or leave plain for decorating with icing.
7. Bake for 6 – 7 minutes, or until lightly brown. Mmmmmmmm!